As we come together with family and friends for Thanksgiving, I want to give you some survival tips on how to make this the best Thanksgiving yet. Follow these easy to do tips and you will notice a difference.
1. Start your morning with water and sip it throughout the day to stay hydrated. Often we feel hunger but it is actually thirst. Add some lemon or other fruits to the water so you don’t get “sick” of just drinking water.
2. If the holidays are stressful to you, taking some L-theanine or some Stress Essentials Relax formulas will help make your body and mind more resilient to stress. I suggest you start doing this a week before as the stress tends to build as the day comes closer.
3. Get moving during the day – go for a walk, throw a ball around with family, start your day with a workout that morning. Do something you love to do that involves movement.
4. Eat proteins first, fats second, and carbs last. Chew your food and put down the fork between bites so you can make sure you don’t over-eat.
5. Use digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid in supplement form to help digest your food. This will help eliminate the bloating that people feel following a meal.
These tips will help you survive the Thanksgiving Holiday this year. Happy Thanksgiving!
Dr. Brian Opp, Chiropractor