There are many stereotypes about massage, one is – massage is just for women. This is simply not true. Everyone benefits from massage whether you are a man or woman, including children and babies. As long as you are going to a reputable massage therapist, they should be able to put your mind and body at ease as well as to answer any questions that you have in regard to the massage and what will happen during it.
Here are 5 reasons why you should be getting a massage on a regular basis.
1. Massage improves muscle recovery. It increases circulation to the muscles, especially after you have been doing difficult workouts or strenuous activities. Increasing circulation helps ease soreness and fatigue of those muscles.
2. Massage can help with stress. Massage releases “feel good” endorphins into your brain. Not only does this help to ease your mind so that you can relax, but it also reduces physical pain.
3. Massage helps with mood. As our physical stress lessens due to a reduction of pain, our emotional stress will also be reduced, and mood naturally lightens. The world looks brighter.
4. Massage can help increase the quality and quantity of sleep. By reducing the physical and emotional stress, your body will rest more peacefully.
5. Massage can help reduce headaches. This is very important today as it seems to be a more common issue. Headaches can be relieved by easing muscle pain and tension around the head.
Men have all of these needs and can benefit from improved muscle recovery, physical stress, emotional stress, improved sleep, and a reduction of headaches – in other words… men need massage too!
-Angela, Massage Therapist