The health and safety of our patients, staff and visitors at our office are particularly important. We review changes daily, and incorporate information from the CDC, Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota Chiropractic Association (MCA) and updates through local media.
Due to the MN Governor’s Executive Order 20-81, Opp Family Chiropractic is mandated to require all patients, visitors and guests to wear a face mask if they are 6 years of age or older. Those between the ages of 2-5 are encouraged to wear one when possible.
If you have a medical or other health condition, disability or mental health, developmental, or behavioral need that makes it difficult to tolerate wearing a face covering, including someone that has trouble breathing or is otherwise unable to remove the face covering without assistance – then you are exempt from this order.
Due to HIPAA, ADA and the 4th Amendment, we cannot legally ask you about your medical condition. Therefore, if we see you without a mask, we will assume you have a medical condition and we will welcome you inside to support our business.
Chiropractic care is available in-office for patients meeting the COVID-19 safety guidelines.
DO NOT COME INTO THE OFFICE IF YOU, A FAMILY MEMBER OR OTHER PERSON YOU ARE IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED OR IS WAITING ON A TEST RESULT.
If you have been in contact with or exhibit any of the following symptoms currently or within the past two weeks, we will gladly accommodate you with a new appointment:
- A new fever (100.4 F or higher), or a sense of having a fever
- A new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- New chills that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- New shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- A new sore throat that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- New muscle aches that you cannot attribute to another health condition, or that may have been caused by a specific activity (such as exercise) o A new headache that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- New loss of smell or taste that you cannot attribute to another health condition
- Please know that our team follows these same prescreening questions before every shift
Specifically in our office we have made the following changes:
- To minimize the number of people in our office, we respectfully request that you do not bring siblings, friends, or relatives to your family member’s appointment.
- If you prefer to wait in your car, please call upon arrival to the clinic to check-in and we will notify you when we are ready for you.
- When parents are accompanying children, we ask that only one parent, rather than both, attend with your child.
- If you prefer a less-busy time, please notify us upon scheduling your appointment and we will do everything to try and accommodate you.
- Unlike many public environments, our clinic remains a very safe space to continue administering care, as we are constantly disinfecting our facility and equipment.
- Our treatment tables are disinfected after every patient visit, and our team takes extra time throughout the day to disinfect common areas, including waiting room chairs, and front desk.
- We have disconnected our coffee machine, taken out all waiting room magazines and toys from the child play area to minimize congregation and reduce communal contact surfaces.
- We have multiple areas where you can wash your hands, please consider doing this as you enter and leave our office.
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. It is our focus to meet you where you are at – if you have any questions, please contact the office. We appreciate you and look forward to seeing you soon!
Drs. Brian & Cynthia Opp
The entire Opp Family Chiropractic Team